1. Make Something Old –> New…
I did this a couple months ago. A member of our Sales team passed me an old floppy as a gift – a blast from the past if you will. After looking at it briefly, I decided to use it as a coffee coaster. Its actually a great conversation piece. Instead of going in a drawer or being sent to the Smithsonian, there is sits, on my desk… everyday. My point – your old blog posts can do the same. Here are some simple ways you can reuse your old marketing content:
- find an old post – take a look at the Title, body text and tags. Can they be enhanced to better serve up in searches for relevant keywords? Example, lets imagine you have a blog on Home Improvements. In it, you have an old blog post on how you finished your basement project on time and on budget. Here’s the old post title = My Basement Pics; edit the title to read = How To Finish A Basement On A Tight Budget. By doing this simple edit, your search will have a much better chance of finding the first page on @Google search results.
- send out a tweet with a link to your old post – generate new visibility for an old post. If the content is still relevant, its worth sharing!
- lead nurturing campaigns – use an old post as content for an email campaign; help move leads along in the funnel.
- email signature – I don’t know about you but I send out more than 50 – 100 emails a day. Add a link to an old blog post and watch the traffic increase.